Published: Jul 2, 2021 by C.S. Rhymes
PHP Storm has a built in terminal window which you can use to run Laravel artisan commands, but there is a quick configuration change that you can do to make it even easier to run artisan commands.
- Open Preferences > Tools > Command Line Tool Support
- Click the plus icon
Laravelfrom the Choose tools dropdown and press OK
- Set an alias, I’ve used
artisanin this example
- Choose your PHP Interpreter or use the default project interpreter
- Set the
Path to scriptas the location of your Laravel app’s artisan file
- Press control twice to open Run Anything
- Type the alias you entered,
artisanin my example, and a list of artisan commands will appear, along with the available options.
- The list of available commands will filter down as you type
- Enter the command and press enter and it will run the command for you in the PHP Storm terminal
For more information, take a look at the PHP Storm docs website